Time for the last release of the year. We were hoping to end the year with an enourmous bang and make Lovelace the default UI. However, in our final stretch we realized that to get to the experience that we wanted, we had to make more last minute changes than we felt comfortable making. If you are a Lovelace tester, please read the section for existing testers below.
We want to wish everybody happy holidays and want to thank all our contributors to the code, the documentation and all the ones in the chat for making up our amazing community. We had a great year with a lot of accomplishments and are looking forward to see all the great stuff you all come up with in 2019. Cheers! 🥂
We will skip our next release in our bi-weekly release cycle and plan to be back on January 9. See you then!
This release introduces a new Home Assistant Cloud feature available: cloud webhooks. With cloud webhooks you can enable any webhook-enabled integration or automation in Home Assistant to be accessible via a unique URL in the cloud without having to open up a port on your router.
This means that you can send any data back to your instance for OwnTracks, IFTTT or an automation with a webhook-trigger. Check the cloud page in the configuration panel to get started or read more about the new functionality at the Nabu Casa website.
We have improved how we call services with better validation checks. This means that if you have an automation or a script that sends invalid data, we will now stop the execution and be better able to point out where your incorrect calls are coming from.
If you are currently testing Lovelace, please read the notes thoroughly as a lot has changed. First, we now have now three different Lovelace modes: auto-generated, storage, and yaml (the old way of doing Lovelace). The UI editor will be limited to the storage mode, in which we control how the config is stored.
So if you were using Lovelace before 0.84, you now have two options. Option one is to use the new storage mode and import your existing file. You can do this by opening the Lovelace UI and click on Configure UI, this will prompt you to change to storage mode. This will unlock a new option in the menu called “raw config editor”. Open this and paste the content of your
ui-lovelace.yaml file into it and click save. Note that YAML comments are not persisted.
If you want to continue managing a YAML file, check here how to enable the YAML mode. The file
ui-lovelace.yaml will now follow the same options as
configuration.yaml. This means that the Lovelace YAML config is now parsed with YAML 1.1 instead of YAML 1.2. Major change is that you need to make sure that you wrap
off with quotes in your configs!
We have also aligned the configuration of all the cards, causing breaking changes. Changes are especially focused around how we define actions for short and long presses. See [the docs][/lovelace/changelog/] for more info.
Editor UI is now further processed. You can manage your Lovelace UI without leaving your browser! It is possible to add, edit and delete views. It is possible to add, edit, move and delete cards, including custom cards!
- Refactor ZHA (@dmulcahey – #18629) (zha docs) (binary_sensor.zha docs) (fan.zha docs) (light.zha docs) (sensor.zha docs) (switch.zha docs) (new-platform)
- Add Awair sensor platform (@ahayworth – #18570) (sensor.awair docs) (new-platform)
- Allow managing cloud webhook (@balloob – #18672) (cloud docs) (new-platform)
- U.S. Geological Survey Earthquake Hazards Program Feed platform (@exxamalte – #18207) (geo_location docs) (new-platform)
- Mqtt light refactor (@emontnemery – #18227) (mqtt docs) (light.mqtt docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
- Added qbittorrent sensor platform (@eliseomartelli – #18618) (sensor.qbittorrent docs) (new-platform)
- Add Entur departure information sensor (@hfurubotten – #17286) (sensor.entur_public_transport docs) (new-platform)
- Add lightwave components for switches and lights (@GeoffAtHome – #18026) (lightwave docs) (light.lightwave docs) (switch.lightwave docs) (new-platform)
- Initial hlk-sw16 relay switch support (@jameshilliard – #17855) (hlk_sw16 docs) (switch.hlk_sw16 docs) (new-platform)
- Initial scene support for Fibaro hubs (@pbalogh77 – #18779) (fibaro docs) (scene.fibaro docs) (new-platform)
- Add automation and script events to logbook event types (@hunterjm – #19219) (logbook docs)
- Fix owntracks topic in encrypted ios (@balloob – #19220) (device_tracker docs) (owntracks docs)
Release 0.84.2 – December 14
- Don’t avoid async_schedule_update_ha_state by returning false (@syssi – #19102) (binary_sensor.xiaomi_aqara docs)
- Always add friendly name attribute to ZHA entities (@damarco – #19141) (zha docs)
- Bump aioasuswrt (@kennedyshead – #19229) (asuswrt docs)
- Add automation and script events to logbook filter events (@luca-angemi – #19253) (logbook docs)
- Fix list (fixes #19235) (@fabaff – #19258) (tts docs)
- Fix OwnTracks deadlocking (@balloob – #19260) (owntracks docs)
- Fix call to super() (@marchingphoenix – #19279) (light.lutron docs)
- Improve check for duplicated entity_id (@emontnemery – #19194)
- Fix race in entity_platform.async_add_entities (@emontnemery – #19222)
- Set lock status correctly for Schlage BE469 Z-Wave locks (@ahayworth – #18737) (lock.zwave docs)
- Fix restore state for manual alarm control panel (@liaanvdm – #19284) (alarm_control_panel.manual docs)
- Fix not being able to update entities (@glentakahashi – #19344) (config docs)
- Fix parts of the frontend not picking up translations (@balloob)
- Fix IHC config schema (@mopolus – #19415) (ihc docs)
- Use web sockets for Harmony HUB (@ehendrix23 – #19440) (remote.harmony docs)
- Fix Harmony for people not running Home Assistant in Docker (@ehendrix23)
- Fix incorrect local check when creating webhooks via a config flow (impacted all but Owntracks) (@balloob – #19494)
- Fix setting aspect ratio in percentage (#2289) @balloob
- Fix opening edit dialog twice when closed by clicking on overlay (#2290) @balloob
- Fix translations not loading on first load (#2293) @balloob
- remove Animation for thermostat and light (#2303) @zsarnett
- Fix for picture element positioning (#2335) @iantrich
- Fix undefined on plant/weather card (#2339) @balloob
- Fix service button element (#2343) @balloob